The Little Engine That Could

Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day

I went to NC for the holiday weekend and discovered some new amazing things.

1) Bread isn't a good idea.
2) Neither are crackers, but they do go down well. Refrain from all crackers.
3) I can eat ground meats-- turkey, hamburger and chicken with no issue. Pot Roast on the other hand.... hmmm, not so much.

I still think my bypass is broken, and my mother watched me LIKE A FUCKIN' HAWK over everything I put in my mouth. Because she's 8 months out and I am apparently doing it all wrong.


"Mom do you want some cheese"
"No, i don't eat cheese it's too fatty and I'd never lose weight. Maybe that's your problem."
"Okay, never mind."
"Kimmie I am just teasing. Can't you take a joke?"

Sometimes I just hate her. And then I realize that she doesn't know how to love me any differently, and she wants me to succeed. If she could get past teasing me about everything, I might be able to stop reacting like a 16 year old. The teasing is old. Get off the cross Ma, we've got a fire going on over here and need the gosh darned wood.

Okay, enough about that. I lost 4.3 pounds while I was away. And I have my period, kind of. I keep waiting for it to be like... normal. It's really really light. I hope it's like that forever from now on.

I love my calcium chews. Like bits of candy. I save them for treats. Probably not the best thing to do with supplements, but whatever.

I need a nap from the 10 hour car ride. All that napping requires some more napping.

Okay, I don't really hate my mom. I just want to have out the big argument with her and have her be sensitive and generous and kind and not tease me. Have her see the impact of her emotional stunts, and create a new relationship.

Or I could find the lost city of Atlantis.........

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Hey, I eat cheese all the damn time, and I'm still losing weight. As long as you're not eating giant slabs of it, it's a high protein snack that is really pretty filling. If someone tried to take my cheese, I might have to stab them in the eye.

Danyele said...

Eat the cheese if it agrees with you. I eat cheese all the time. I dreamt the other night of blue cheese with toasted walnuts and dried apricots on a cracker (I know - I'm weird) And for the record - a lot of WLS post-ops eat fat-free dairy. I refuse - the thought of fat-free dairy makes me gag.

Oh - and glad your WLS isn't broken ;-)

Anonymous said...

If you need to have it out with your mother, do so. Or let it out in bits. Try not to wait 31 years and then explode all over her with every single thing that pisses you off about her, like I did with my mom. I still can't believe she had no friggen idea I felt that way. But tell her Kim. Tell her it hurts your feelings when she teases. If you cry, you might even get a trio out of it ;) My mom sent me on a Mexican Cruise


Eat cheese, just not giant gobs of it. Stay away from FAT FREE cheese. It tastes like rancid ass (not that I'd know what rancid ass tastes like, but I imagine it to be foul) Kraft shredded chedder Fat Free cheese is tolerable and it melts when you cook it. So that is the only one I can recommend. Low fat cheese isn't that bad. But, as people are already saying, if you can keep it down, have a taste. Laughing Cow low fat white cheese in the green circle container has super yummy tiny bites in silver foil papers. 3 of the squares is an ounce, which is about the right amount. check it out.


Hang in there love!

Dagny said...

Cheese is just fine but it is true that TOO MUCH cheese has contributed to the downfall of some long-term post ops who regain! I like that cheese can be purchased in portions. I'll buy ONE string cheese. Or ONE of those individual packages of tiny cheese squares and triscuits.

Crackers are EVIL. Especially now; I don't know what's happened to the cracker category at the grocery store. The cracker aisle is filled with all these new versions and flavors of familiar crackers that have been around forever. Like new flavors and shapes of CLUB CRACKERS and those new Triscuit flavors were personally invented by SATAN. Like Jen says, she don't need that CRACK.

And yes, your period will change. Your intake of calories and fats has dropped dramatically. When I was a kid, I used to go on a fast to cut my period down to a couple of days.

Dagny