The Little Engine That Could

Monday, September 24, 2007

Not so scary food choices

I went to wedding extravaganza yesterday. Just a beautiful wedding. And a gorgeous day, on the river, overlooking Manhattan, getting a little bit of a suntan.

Except for the duck spring roll, I think I did really good yesterday. Bacon wrapped scallop, grilled squash, 2 bites of dry pork loin, chicken salad with candied walnuts, crab and avocado crustini, 2 bites of really dry red snapper (from previous posts, no dry fish). I did have a bite of the wedding cake which was terrible, and a small pastry (almost like a mini pound cake loaf, but like the length of the tip of my thumb), but overall, great job. I drank my water at appropriate times, danced and danced, and just had a blast.

I am a good dancer. I forgot that. I did a little swing with some of the boys. That was fun. Performances all around. I love being in a room full of people that want to sing and perform. That was the best part.

The difference between yesterday and Friday is that I was so conscious of my Friday choices that I made sure I was fed and watered before I got there, and then just had enough. When the food started showing up I walked around to the tables and laughed and joked with the others. I asked things to be taken away when I was done. No more picking for me!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Sounds like you did great!

Happy Monday