The Little Engine That Could

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Product Whore


I am of huge fan of Melting Mama and read her stuff every day, every couple hours, because that woman can post. One of her favorite things for breakfast is the ISS Oh Yeah Wafer bars-- so I naturally thought I'd try them. Because she loves them, and so far, I have gotten good advice from her and her blog.

Ummm. Yeah. Really stinking good.

I went to both the GNC and Vitamin Shop in the neighborhood-- both stores had no idea what bariatric surgery was, and both tried to sell me Hoodia for weight management. Umm, no. However, the Vitamin Shop did have an assortment of both Oh Yeah and Power Crunch. And for about $20 I got one of each kind. To test. And get all my protein in.

OMIGOD. It's good. In a "I wish I could each a mellow candy bar" kind of way. Last night I have the mint choc from Iss. Yumm. This morning the French Vanilla from Power Crunch. Yumm Yumm. For being about 6 weeks out from surgery, it breaks down easy enough, the flavors are nice, and I don't have to choke down more isopure to get in all my protein.

And I like it. It's the right size for the purse, it's cheaper than buying a sandwich at the deli (which I will only eat half of excluding the bread) and almost tastes like a candy bar.

Thanks MM for introducing me to a whole new way to get in the protein.

4 comments:

Ammie said...

I love MM too! Haven't tried the bars yet but as soon as I get the ok I'm headed right over to Vitamin Shop to get me some.

Melting Mama said...

A convert. Welcome to the darkside, Kim. Muhahahahaha! >:-}

Anonymous said...

Haven't tried Oh Yeah bars, but Power Crunch contributed to my 40 lb loss last year. That bastard Nestle Crunch contributed to my 20 lb gain back this year. Ass. Anyway my fav pc bars are the peanut butter chocolate ones. I am not a fan of the white chocolate ones because they seem too sweet to me. But you can buy them online in bulk for much cheaper. Googe it :)

<3 you

Debbie said...

Oh Yeah Bars are the NUTS! I love them!! I prefer the regular full size bars over the wafers but I'll take the wafers if they are nearby. FYI the full size bars are HUGE and make 2 meals for me. YUM