The Little Engine That Could

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Oh yeah. I ,um, ate a little too fast.

After a very long meeting, I took out my bumblebee salmon steak, cut open the package, nuked it for 30 mins and the ate about 1/3 of it. I was so excited, 2 meals for under 3 bucks and maybe I could stretch it out to 3 meals-- high protein which means less hair loss (I am so fucking vain).

Then trouble hit.

I knew I wasn't chewing enough, the salmon was very very dry and all I wanted was some water to drink with it. But then I took a last bite and knew that I was going to throw up. And 10 mins later, at my desk when I did, I felt gross, weird, and oddly better. Because I didn't puke like normal, I just puked the last two bites. A mouthful of foam.

So, learning points are:

1) try out new foods at home. Not at work.
2) Chew. Chew some more.
3) If it feels dry, it is. Please use some common sense, Kim, and don't eat that yet. You'll have the rest of your life to do that.
4) Puking isn't terrible. It doesn't hurt, actually alleviates the pain. It's the terrible "erp" sound that is weird-- and the foamies-- that's just disgusting.
5) Slow down. Work can wait.

I told my boss who is fascinated with this whole process, and she told me to go home. I slept on the couch for 3 hours when I got home, woke up and ate three turkey meatballs and crushed tomatoes. Not to overfull, but satisfied. Yeah for turkey meatballs.

I still think I have a broken bypass. However I am listening to everyone else about my success-- because I know the neighborhood between my left and right ear is a bad place to be.

3 comments:

Dagny said...

Sounds like you know what to do! And always assume that some foods are just not going to agree with you no matter what and you'll never know why!

Good news: Not everybody experiences the hair loss. I didn't. I did start on the Biotin pretty early on. I use this stuff from Puritan's Pride and I buy it when they have the buy 1, get 2 sale.
Chew, baby!

Dagny

Danyele said...

You'll get better and better about judging what is a good idea to try and what isn't. I remember those first few "miscalculations" - jesus those sucked. Rule 1. dry is definitely bad. I WILL NOT eat overcooked meat. Period. Rule 2. yeah, try new stuff at home. Figure out the handfull of things that work consistently and eat those at work. Refried beans were my best friend during those first few months. You figure it all out sweetie - just hand in there. ((hugs))

Sassafrass said...

You're a quick study...that's good! The early throwing up (which i did a lot b/c i was a slow learner) reminded me of a cat throwing up. You do, it's not horrible, it's over and you feel better. Try yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, etc. They seem to well for anyone who isn't lactose intolerant. take care!!