The Little Engine That Could

Friday, September 28, 2007

Dumping

I dump on the weirdest things. Like water. Or egg salad. Or chicken.

One day I am completely fine, the next day, rumble rumble, gurgle gurgle, ick. Bad news. The nice bit is that it stops the blockage, and cleans me out. The bad bit is that it is usually at work, I feel like I need to lie down for a couple hours and sleep.

Other than that, I am doing great. I have meetings this week at work that are pretty interesting, and have to head to Boston on Sunday for meetings on Monday. I am taking Mom and Pop with me on Sunday and asked to split a meal with my mom (who also had surgery) when we go to brunch. No verdict on that yet, but it just makes more sense then wasting two entrees.

Small victory-- I have lost over 58 inches since the start of this adventure. I feel like I am right on track.

I am now starting to think in terms of goals per month. It will be two months Oct 2, and I thought it would be a good idea to have a goal to work towards for month 3/6/etc. Does anyone want to share their goals? I feel like saying it outloud helps me align with the universe in making it happen. Sharing your goals would help me in determining where mine should be.

4 comments:

Danyele said...

Ugh.. the dumping. I still dump on weird things.. and often at work. Thankfully there's an empty office where I can lie down on the floor when I need to. My manager has come to know "that look" on my face when I need a little lie-down to let the dumping pass. It usually take between 30 minutes and an hour. I'm very luck to have such an understanding workplace.

Ammie said...

I was thinking earlier today that I should set some goals for myself but I don't want to set myself up for failure. Ya know what I mean? I would have thought that I'd had lost more weight by now than I have so obviously my expectations are unrealistic. Maybe I'll just make it my goal not to step on the scale every day. Once a week?

Congrats on all of those lost inches!

Lisa Sargese said...

Oh yeah!! Saying it out loud to the universe is DEFINITELY a great way to set goals. Words are congealed energy after all. Congratulations on the 58 inches. Incredible!

Tracy said...

Welcome to OCTOBER BABY!

My goal for the month is to get my lazy ass to the gym 4 times a week with 3 times per week being the absolute MINIMUM!

Also I want to HIT ONEderland by ThanksGiving! WOULD LOVE to hit it by 10/16 but that is dreaming... (have to face off in court with the psyco ex)but I'll look good no matter what I weight that day!