The Little Engine That Could

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Quiet Moments

As everyone else in the world, I too hate getting up for work. I just have so much to do and not enough time, etc. The thing is, I adore my job. I like it, it's comfortable, I get to see the world, and I am very good at it. But getting up before 6:30 is just painful.

However this morning wasn't so bad. Creating my day in my head for the optimum goal, to do as much as I can, no stress, and get back into the work cycle completely. I need that. Laying in my comfy bed and listening to the birdies, thinking over how I want things to go.

I stepped on the scale. Down 3 pounds from last night. Okay, the bypass isn't completely broken.

Is it possible I was eating too little? Maybe?

I love September. I want to go out and buy new notebooks and trapper keepers. Maybe a new bookbag, a turtle neck in a fall color and a jumper with wooly tights. That is back to school. Instead, I am going to wear out the suits until they fall off my ass, and then maybe pick out something spectacular come mid September.

I like the quiet moments. I want more of them, creating my day.

Off to work. Then home by 6:00, dinner at 6:30, walk at 7:15, living room clean up at 8:00, bill paying 8:30 and bed by 10pm.

1 comment:

Dagny said...

You CAN eat too little! There's a "just right" amount that keeps your metabolism from going into starvation mode. But there is a bit of a paradox here. Eating very little now will not feel like it did before when you might have gotten light-headed and dizzy. You might have no appetite at all. I used to have to MAKE myself eat something to get all my nutrients. It always comes down to DOING EXACTLY WHAT YOUR DOCTOR TELLS YOU!!!!

As your energy increases you may find it easier to get up early and you'll sleep better when you become more active. (But not insanely over-active like me!)

Dagny