The Little Engine That Could

Sunday, September 09, 2007

The best bit of protein on the Planet

Today is beans. All day, beans beans beans.

When in NC last week, Mom made her famous ranchhouse beans that Grampa used to have at the restaurant (back in the 60's). I always hated it because I thought they were marinated beans-- like with vinegar and califlower-- but NO. They are not.

Here is the recipe.

2 cans dark red kidney beans
1/2 cup mayo (must be mayo for your miracle whipper's)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 Large white onion, finely chopped

Drain but don't rinse beans, put in bowl, add everything else. Mix until a little soupy, without breaking the skins. Chill for a couple hours. And YUM!

Mom and pop like this with steak on Saturday nights. So do I if I ate steak (not yet).

And then, of course, I am making bean soup. Yummo. For the week. God bless my cubicle mate.

In other news, I am wearing size 18-20 tops from the LB. What what? Oh yeah. And a size 6 blue denim. Whatever there new sizes mean.

There is a lady at the LB around the corner who is a hag. And mean. Never takes me in line. Yesterday I asked-- is there a problem-- she wouldn't even look at me. I asked again. She said rudely-- No. I said good, and then asked who the manager of the store was, who the general manager was and so on. She gave me a 30% discount.

I might be blonde, but sweetheart, I'm a bitch. No doubt about that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skinny Bitch ;)

Melting Mama said...

Why did LB change their sizing? So we don't think we're as fat as we are?! MAN...

And, lol.....

Tracy said...

Bean Recipe sounds good...

printing it!