The Little Engine That Could

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Boston



Mom and Pop and I went to Boston on Sunday. Unfortunately, I had to make a pit stop to a Micky D's bathroom for ... well, a pit stop... and then had to wait for the medicine to take effect. This is no longer dumping. This is something needs to leave my body.

Anyhow, I'll call the surgeon's office today.

Boston was great. We walked Newberry street, Boston Commons, sat on a couple park benches, ordered free brunch (my job is pretty cool) and then mom and pop got to see how I get to stay in hotels. Nice hotels. Where they call me Ms. Lastname.

Mom was duly impressed. As she should be. She's not all fire and brimstone, this weekend was a great one. She was trying to take care of me. Which was nice.

After they left I took a nap, and then headed over to my favorite bookstore (Trident Booksellers) and got a couple magazines and a book. I sat down in the cafe to a coco-banana protein shake and enjoyed. It was so nice to turn all that off. The stuff in my head, I mean.

Yesterday after spending time in the hotel and at the restaurant where we will do a dinner, I caught a train back to NYC. I am telling you, there is nothing like listening to Simon and Garfunkel's greatest hits while on a train. 1) Sleepytime and 2) if no sleepytime, then thinking time. I thoroughly enjoyed my entire time on the train. I ate two bites of a hot dog, no bun, and was done.

I even took the subway home, and walked to my apartment, rolly bag in tow.

In all, this weekend I have put in about 2 hours of exercise. Walking. And then on Saturday, I jogged on the treadmill. I am not unrecognizable, but this is similar to when I quit smoking. All of a sudden I had new habits and I didn't need the old ones. It feels like that.

I jogged. Only for about a minute at a time, but jogged. It felt good.

3 comments:

Melting Mama said...

Aww, man! You were so close!

Anonymous said...

Well, you just look amazing! I hardly recognize the parents. They are so slim.
Everyone looks so great.
Yay for nice changes!

I hope everything goes well with the surgeon's office.

*hugs*

Sabrina

Danyele said...

Love those pics! You're looking fantastic, and I can tell from the lovely smile that you're feeling fantastic too.