The Little Engine That Could

Friday, August 10, 2007

Fun things to do

Today I woke up later than the 6:30am wake up of earlier in the week. I slept all the way through the night with no pain meds. In fact, I haven't had any pain pills for three days.

I jumped out of bed, re-did some of the lovely flowers both work and friends sent me for recovery, making four boquets where there were just two, and toss the rotting stuff. All before breakfast-- and I was just so active.....

Then breakfast-- I tried the Myoplex lite powered shake. Chocolate. Not for me. Not with milk, for sure, but really, not for me at all. Anyone want some free packets of this stuff? I'd just so much rather with the pure protein in a can. So much better, so much easier.

Cleaned up a little, watched Babel, then did some powerpoint rescue for a friend. Then dinner. Baby food veg and chicken-- yum yum. Tolerated well.

THEN I GOT ON MY TENNIS SHOES AND WALKED AROUND THE BLOCK.

Just in case you didn't hear me....... I got out and walked. Around the block. I haven't done that but four times in the 11 years I have lived here. And three of those times were because my car was around the corner.

I had a little gas pain so I thought, get out and walk-- so I did. Like a normal human being. I went for a walk after dinner, not a long one, not an arduous one, not a sweat breaking one, but just to move around.

I like this new Kim. She's cool. She doesn't stop to think, she just does........

Watch me now.

2 comments:

Dagny said...

Which 1960s British pop star are you reminding me of? Hmmmmm.

This walkin' thing. It's gonna happen.
Dagny

Sassafrass said...

Good for you! Just a thought: I couldn't tolerate the thick, gloppy shakes post op either. I found Isopure in a bottle. Clear. A bit chalky but they all are. At least it's somewhat thirst quenching and you drink it like lemonade...not like a milkshake. Good luck and keep on keeping on. The weight will start falling off! Oh...blue raspberry is the best no-carb flavor in my opinion. Alpine punch is good too but 100 more cals and 25 grams of carbs. Both drinks have 40 grams of protein. Yeah baby!