The Little Engine That Could

Friday, August 24, 2007

The Scale's not Moving

And I am pissed. Convinced that this is the weight I'll be forever.

It's a little mind game I've got going..... I feel like I am eating too much (three bites of turkey meatloaf), drinking to fast (one sip, not a gulp, at a time), and that I can't .... well, poop.

So there it is. Scale hasn't moved. I'm the one with the broken gastric bypass. My doctor did it on purpose because he likes the lap-band better. In fact, maybe I have a lap-band and don't know it.....


Pity party for one...... pity party for one.......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
You have got at least 6 pounds of kids waiting to be dropped off at the pool. Once those little shits go (ha!) you'll be lighter and happier.

Hey, I work with delinquents all day long. We love the potty humor!

Anyway, you didn't get the broken surgery. You just have to be patient.

You are in my thoughts (and they aren't even all vulgar!)

LOVE YOU!!!

Danyele said...

GET OFF THAT SCALE GIRLFRIEND!! It will drive you insane during those first few weeks. Seriously. Weigh no more than once a week to keep your sanity. I used to lock my scale downstairs in a storage unit so that I would not obsess on the numbers. The WLS will work - you are not broken. It's a mindfuck at first. Just hang in there.

Sassafrass said...

I agree with all of the above and suggest a stool softener. Talk to your doc or nut but i sure needed one. All that protein just stops me up but GOOD. Patience...you'll be down pounds before you know it. There's no way NOT to be. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I think we had our surgeries within days of each other (mine 8/6/07) and this week was the week that my scale also didn't move. I think our bodies just woke up and said WTF is going on here? and started fighting back to keep the fat. It's okay...we're going to win this war.

Melinda said...

Oh, ho. You are exactly where I was a few weeks ago. 15 pounds dropped off in the first 9 days after surgery, and then the scale did not budge for 3 full weeks. And I cried in my doctor's office until he told me it was supposed to happen. I highly recommend measuring yourself; it's a great reassurance to see inches coming off despite the scale.