The Little Engine That Could

Monday, May 26, 2008

Completeing May

It's a couple days early, but let me tell you what I have been up to this month.

I haven't seen the inside of a gym.
I haven't taken a new class at all at the unseen gym.
I have smoked every day from May 10 to now.
I have eaten carbs, sugar and lots of chocolate.
I know what's at the bottom of a Jack and diet coke. And it's usually another one.
I had my tooth pulled and look a little like a lopsided Brando.
Have a half a crown and a filling taken care of.
I have been drinking with almost all of my meals.
I ate ice cream and wow did I get sick.
I lost my bank card early in my trip to Mexico.

And the good news.
I traveled to NC to see family, even if for a short time.
I traveled to Mexico for a conference that went off, in my opinion, very well.
I walked the area of Polanco in Mexico City.
I did 2 3 mile walks in a span of a couple days.
Gardening-- YAY!
I had my house spit shined. By two hunky men. (Ladies, fantasies come true)
I've planned a couple dates and all looks promising.
I fit into a size 2 at LB jeans. And look fantastic.
I held my own against LatAm suitors.
I did not cry when I was left alone on the streets of Mexico.
I also wasn't kidnapped (yay me!)
Almost all bills are paid.
All my finances are in order (thank you lovely customer service goddess).
New bank card.
I had coffee over the phone in Mexico with a friend in NY. And it was awesome.
I've seen almost everyone I love and adore in NY over the last couple days and just felt loved.

What did I learn..... balance is key. Ask for what you want. Make the time. Go to bed early. Wake up early. Sometimes, last minute plans work out the best.

June brings birthday month. I love my birthday. I don't like getting gifts so much, unless they are superthoughtful, like creations. Except from my parents. I want a crock-pot. Don't try to build that one, pop.

I have been on a smoothie for breakfast kick recently. A little bit of detox goes a long way. This week, I will gym three times, or take super long walks. I will do that insane expense report. I will do my timesheets and make the travel plans for the next three trips. i will visit my folks and stock up at Costco and eat grilled meat from Pop's grill. I will love, and be loved.

And I will keep my house clean, mail sorted or shredded. Perhaps, I will get my ipod fixed so I don't have to hold the earphones that wonky way to hear in both ears.

I don't have to do anything but live. That's all.

Happy Memorial Day. Thank you to everyone who has given up their lives to make mine safe. Your memory is not forgotten. Thank you. I don't usually get political, but going off to fight for an ideology is what started this country, and I honor the tradition even if I don't always believe in it.

Peace.

No comments: