The Little Engine That Could

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Day 9

And today, she rested.

When I got up this morning, I knew I was on for a very busy day at work and in life. And permission has been granted to sleep in on day 10 and not work out. However, that being said.....

The escalator at 51st and Lex-- you know the big giant long escalator? 3 stories down? Yeah, it was out. So climbing ensued. 104 steps. Sweaty at the top of the stairs,a nd yet so proud that I did it without too much pain. Yeah me!

Walked to the subway and home from the subway. The long way home from the subway.

Fell asleep after yummy meal (3 nights in a row) of Boston Market. I got a meal for 3 on Sunday night, and have had it every night but Tuesday. Tuesday I treated myself to dips and cucumbers at the Greek place down the street. I just ripped the rest of the chicken off the bone and I have over 3/4 of it left. Chicken corn chowder for the weekend! Yahoo!

Today will be gym tonight, treadmill/elliptical. And then tomorrow morning a workout and tomorrow night a workout (30 min abs). Long walks on Saturday and Sunday.

I don't have a spring jacket right now. All my jackets are too big, which I don't mind, but I would like to have a lighter jacket that I can wear for my walks. I did get some very cute clothes from Torrid (sale, all on sale) the other day. I am wearing a size 16 dress. Even in Plus-- I haven't worn that size since very early high school. Very early-- like freshman year. I do have to get some more work pants (I have 2 pairs) because I have conference season coming up and I'll be honest, I don't have enough clothes to last through a week without laundry.

This is not a complaint. Well, maybe a little one.

I broke through the plateau. Yeah me!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

wooohoooooooo!

I'm assuming that torrid is a really cool big city kind of store... living vicariously through you kim! dorothy signing off ;)