The Little Engine That Could

Monday, April 07, 2008

Day 4-6

I had to do a site visit over the weekend at a really nice place in Jersey. They had a pool, and so there was lots and lots of swimming. Not in the normal exercise swimming way-- not like laps and whatnot, but in running in the water, treading water, getting my heart rate up and doing a lot of bouncing.

I love bobbing in the water. I feel so soft and jiggly and it's the only time I like the soft and jiggly bits.

Day 5 was waling all over this complex looking at rooms, meeting space, etc. Again, nice. I was going to do "a legitimate workout" with running and treadmill and stretching, but decided that the walking was enough. It was 30 minutes of continuous movement.

I had an awesome massage. Deep tissue. Today I still hurt. Massage is so important to me, it wakes up my muscles and makes me feel great and loved. Someone else touching my skin has me clearly define the outline of my body. While on the table, I just breathe and let go over and over and over again. Let go of past traumas, let go of nasty somments, let go of the to-do list in my head. It's dreamy.

Yesterday, still having the car, I went to Target and was a very happy consumer. I loaded up on Propel water, mini muffin pans (for those Eggface bites), and the necessities that I usually don't get a chance to get because 1) too heavy to carry and 2) no room in the kitchen. Now I have room in the kitchen and a car (for the weekend) so away I shopped. I turned in my old printer at Staples and got a new one. It's sitting in the box still. I'll set that up tonight.

This morning I have to move the car and will go to the gym early. The elliptical for the morning, just to try something new. (Thanks Cousin).

No comments: