The Little Engine That Could

Saturday, July 21, 2007

And because I can..... Plan

I plan events for training conferences, and next week we have one in Minneapolis, MN. I am very excited to have this one, because its my US folks, and because it's in beautiful God's country. I don't like using the word God too much, for some people it has a bit of a charge to it, but I have never seen anything as glorious as where the prairie meets the sky. Beautiful white puffy clouds against a blue backdrop, green green grass that just goes on for miles. (God in the vast universe I feel so small way--life is a majestic mystery and thank you way, not the praying for the fellow on the cross way. All in the same, I know, I know, I'm Catholic.)

Another nice thing is that people are actually NICE there. I am a NY-er by way of Southern California, so nice is not necessarily in my regional vocabulary. (look here for explanation: http://bigcitygirl.blogspot.com/2005/04/big-girl-finds-home.html ) These folks are nice. And they care. And the men, omigod, they are hunky, they make them in big and tall, they smile and act goofy and wow, cowboy take me away.

I am on the prowl for a nice goofy charming man who comes in a big and tall size. I like my guys to be hunky. I wonder if that will change after I lose weight.... interesting. So ladies, if you know of any, please let me know...... but they have to follow these guidelines:
http://bigcitygirl.blogspot.com/2007/04/pointers-for-men-on-online-dating.html


I have loads of work to do before I fly to MN on Monday, and have to head into the office today to get some of it done, but I don't mind. See, the thing is that all this prep takes my mind off of surgery Aug 2. By the time I get back late Saturday night, I'll have one leftover house guest from Buenos Aries and the she leaves Sunday night, then I have three days to get work in order prior to surgery. My house is clean, the fridge has been dumped and put back together, cabinets have no trace of anything remotely interesting, and I am ready to go.

Liquid diet-- I have to say I don't mind so much in the morning. It's at night that kills me.

I am happy my doc chooses to go this route-- it has me really think about what I will be putting my body in after-- because now I have to make decisions. Also, I want to lose as much as I can before surgery for an easier recovery. Here's the funny part-- 5 pounds in two days. I know in a minute my body will slow down but really, 5 pounds in two days-- c'mon.

Now if I can just stay focused while I am liquid dieting, all will be well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: the shakes and food and stuff. First of all, I always added extract to kill the ass flavor. Cause yeah, it tastes like ass (not in a good way yaknowwhatI'msayin?) So a Jay Robb Strawberry with a dash of Vanilla extract is actually palatable.

Secondly, before bed I always boil half a lemon (rind and all) in 10 oz of water. I let it cool a bit and drink it warm. For some reason it flushes out the system and it tastes pretty good. Maybe that will help with the few extra before the surgery.

Re: the surgery. I am going to MySpace you today. Actually, right now. So please be sure to check it before you leave. Thanks.
I love you!!!

Sabrina

Keyana said...

The nights killed me too that is when I wopuld suck the cream cheese out of the crab rangoon. Good luck and I hope everything goes well in prep for your surgery...

Michelle said...

The liquids really get you going, it sucked at night I do remember that, but afterward it's so much easier....hang in there you are one busy lady!

Anonymous said...

I'm part of the Sassy Ladies webring, and I just wanted to let you know I'll be holding you in my thoughts on August 2!