The Little Engine That Could

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Conference Done

I finished a week of conference. And a week of liquid dieting. Here's what I learned.....

Always have something handy. I had to pull off the side of the road because I thought I was gonna pass out. Always just have a shake handy just in case.

Minnesota can get hot. Really hot.

Myoplex shakes are not terrible. They have 21 grams of protein and take the edge off of any crankiness that comes my way.

Drink as much water as possible.

I can get through a dinner, even two, while liquid dieting. I could eat salad so that was okay, and I was okay to eat it. I did have one candy bar, and I did eat a chili dog, but I always stayed within my 1000 cal for the day. And still lost weight.

People were weird. Just have a bite came up a lot. I have so much to talk about, so much to say that I was fine with not eating a lot. Or at all. I felt really good about myself. Really really good. I know I can do this, I just have to get on the other side of surgery and continue the good news.....

My ankles hurt. My body hurts. I am looking forward to resting a lot, and healing a lot after surgery. Maybe even reading Harry Potter.

Bumps in the road-- still haven't heard on insurance. Still waiting on the surgical coordinator to call me back on that.
Hopeful. In good spirits. In a lot of good spirits. I never even drank one sip of alcohol, and my system feels really clean.

Although, i never thought salad would give me guilt.........

No comments: