The Little Engine That Could

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Signs that people love you.

My Aunt Ginger writes me this as I give my condolences to not attend Eric and Alanna's wedding:

I know this is a life-changing experience that you are preparing for.I think there must have been some great plan that said Kim_____ must go through steps 1- 7000 and then you could have the chance to have this procedure. Everyone loves you no matter what size you are, but I'm sure you get tired of being the poster child or woman for being a plus-size and still have a normal life. Now you can be the poster woman for just being the strong person that you are.

I am still crying. She gets it. Brave face poster child/woman for normal, healthy wealthy (figuratively) and wise. I'd love to see my cousin get married. I'd love to be at a huge family reunion. But really, I want them to be at my wedding-- so I am going to need assistance finding the nameless, faceless bastard that will I do me to death.

The application process begins soon. First me, then another, then the world.

1 comment:

Danyele said...

How wonderful that you have the support of your family - it's so important, especially during the early days of the "process". I hope you let your Aunt Ginger know how much her encouragement means to you.