The Little Engine That Could

Friday, January 09, 2009

Taking my Time

I have a new boss at work. Without going into too much detail, she's cool, and I like working with and for her. Still bumpy along the road of communication, but it always works out.

She gives me deadlines for things. I like that. She gives me projects and deadlines, and I meet those deadlines. And I give her enough time to review. And work flows smoothly.

Deadlines-- it's about managing time. One thing I started new this year is eating my lunch off of plates. Sure, I am still eating at my desk (a new trend that I will stop next week) but eating off of a plate with a knife fork and spoon. Making my meal a meal, and not something to throw down. This helps me be aware of the food I am eating. And with that, I take lunch from 12:30-1pm (or thereabouts). It's helpful to create that break in the day.

I am vigilant about taking my vitamins, I take them on schedule-- although some mornings I start with calcium and end the day with iron, and the next week switch it up. Planning has always been important to me. And I realize that i do a lot of things willy-nilly-- as they come up.

That's something I want to change. Take my time to figure out a weekly menu, or a schedule for things I know I will have to do (like laundry, mail, bills, etc). Plan meals so I can eat more streamlined.

The best thing of all today, waking up with James. Smiling, happy, warm James who steals all my covers and his hands are the first thing that wake up in the morning. It's like being mauled by a baby bear. I love it.

Off to work. Still smoke free. Feeling great. Dropped a bunch of weight today. Love it.

No comments: