The Little Engine That Could

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Getting Even

Don't get mad, get even.

It's been my motto. Forever. I don't get mad, I get even... "I'll show you" way.
I'm looking at my finances. Not great-- and considering there is no real room for overtime this year, not that great at all. I am going to have to ask for help from mom and dad. I had a tooth pulled last year and a couple crowns that weren't covered that wiped out the equivalents of 3 months salary. They have offered. I will accept. I hate feeling like I can't make it on my own, when I could, but I would just be paying it off slowly. Painfully.

I looked at my bank statement this month-- I have three $10 fees for overdrafts. I called to ask what they were for and this really super nice lady tells me that I need to transfer money so I don't get them again, but she'll waive them for now. Later today I will be ringing up the workplace checking to find out what my checking account benefits are. I left a message for that woman's supervisor telling her that the woman who handled my call was awesome and went above and beyond. That's getting even-- not mad. I could be all sorts of angry, but instead I let someone help and guide me through this, and everything worked out great, and now she gets praise from a customer, which is sometimes better than a bonus.

I challenge you, my readers, to give out the compliments and praise for someone who goes above and beyond in their job. Tell their managers, supervisors. Write letters. There are good people out there that work in customer service jobs and are concerned that they too will be a part of an unemployment line. Your praise might make the difference.

I also challenge you to let someone help you. Ask for help. It's not too hard.

Still feeling sniffly. I'd love to call in sick, but know that I am not really sick enough to do that. I have a bunch of stuff on my plate today and want to take care of it all, and feel like I can do it-- make it happen, so that the weekend can be enjoyed.

Eating well. Staying at about 1100 a day, and walking more. Haven't hit the gym yet, still sicky and giving my body a rest. Saturday begins again. I am giving myself till saturday.

Not smoking. 4 days. And doing great. Feel good, all the toxic stuff is exiting my body. I am looking forward to getting back on the treadmill and running. Breathing really deep.

Time for work. Or at least a shower. My house for the most part is clean and I feel rested. More sorting of crap this weekend-- cleaning out the office. Making room for James. Creating a home.

I love my life today.

2 comments:

Eat, Drink and be Married said...

Congrats on 4 days smoke free, that is awesome!!!!

Ammie said...

Congrats on being smoke free for 4 days!! That's awesome.