The Little Engine That Could

Saturday, September 13, 2008

No excuses

There is no excuse for my absence. I wish I could say it was something along the lines of being eaten by a bear, or my visit to the homeland and the reindeer migration I had to do (did anyone else see exiled on MTV and want to bash some vapid little 19 year old skulls in??), or any such other Auntie Mame-ish type of adventure, however, it's just me and my busy life and a lack of wanting to say something.

So thank you for Tracy for looking out for me, prodding me, coaxing me back into blog land.

Here's the what's so.....

The boyfriend and I have been dating for three months and a couple days. There is talk of moving in together, there are I love yous. There is conversation about what our lives will look like beyond right now, when we are creating it together.

People always say, you'll know when it's right. It's right. It's so right it's wrong because he shouldn't be the one. In my head, my one would be physically taller and make more money and all that's just bullshit. He's got the sweetest softest heart, he's still a guy and does guy things like sports and video games and a lack of toliet paper roll on the actual roll. He's afraid to make a mess in bed, and I always say "Sex is messy, honey. It just is. That's what showers are for." He's ticklish, he's caring, he loves kids. He's super patient, and he listens. And to top it off, he's cute as hell and sings along with the radio and I love love love him. My match.

And for him, I am so right I am wrong. I should be about 4 inches shorter, brown hair and bigger boobs. I should be in some job that doesn't have me travel, that comes from a decent sized family in LI and understands the intracacies of hockey and roast beek is mayo not mustard, but ham can be both. What he got instead was a musical theater singing Amazon with small tits and a big ass that puts Italian dressing on her sandwiches. Thank god he likes the ass.

We went on holiday together. A whole week of 24-7 in Canada, the baseball hall of fame, the caverns at Howe, and a lot of car time. And not only do I love him, I love him more for it.

So, that's the what so on the boyfriend.

And the what's so on the scale......

I haven't lost much weight. More on that later.

6 comments:

Louise Isabella said...

Oh I'm so glad to see a post from you. I was getting very very worried. I'm a big girl too, am waiting on my insurance company to approve the RNY and then I can get going with this new project. Please don't be away so long. I've read through your entire blog and wow, oh wow. You really tell the truth about food and feelings and so very much. Thank you.

Juldon said...

Glad to see your post. I had been wondering about you and if everything was OK.

Sounds like you are very happy right now. I am happy for you.

Ammie said...

I've missed you! So glad that you were just busy enjoying life!

Anonymous said...

YES! to all of it. I love you, you skinny bitch!

And... to all of you in Bloglandia this chick is for real. Everything she says and does is as real as real gets. I am proud of her bravery in sharing the good, the bad and the fugly of food and relationships and just life in general. She has been and always will be one of my favorite people on the planet, and quite frankly, there are only a single handful of those people.

Tracy said...

THANK GOD!!!! Don't go get all happy and then leave us! Its a long road a lifetime really... losing this weight is just the first part.. LIVING it and keeping the shit off and learning to love ourselves in spite of it is the REAL challenge.... I type this with the inhaled tuna making a not so tasty return! BLECH

Anonymous said...

Great to see you back and so good to know things are still going well for you on the romance! Yes, I think when it is right, we just know it is right. I did.