The Little Engine That Could

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Never miss an opportunity....

To miss an opportunity. The Mets lost. 10 innings.

We got to the stadium and I found out that 3 of the 8 brothers also had tickets. So I got to meet the rest of the family (minus two wives and three children). I think I have to take a test now and get a certificate.

We sat down in our seats. The last time I was at a game I was crammed into my seat, and it hurt. And I spilled two beers down some guys shirt because I couldn't balance them on my lap. But that was at the Yankees game so it didn't matter.

This time I had plenty of room. And I was cold. And the boyfriend kept me warm with his hands and arms wrapped around me. Losing over 100 pounds has body heat vanish quickly. I only sweat when I am working up a sweat. I have been wearing a scarf since the end of August. I can only imagine what this winter will be like.

Today, no gym. Maybe tonight. For sure, I am going to make a one pot meal for tonight and have that yummy goodness to come home to after work. And I am going to bed at a very decent hour.

Being vigilant with food after a couple months of fucking off is hard. I really want those chips. And that chocolate. I do without the alcohol, it's never really been my thing anyways. I have to keep imagining me in size 10 jeans. I know I can get there. I haven't been a size 10 since I was about 11 years old. How cool will that be? Although, those screaming dill pickle Pringles do taste mighty fine.

This weekend's plans filled up quickly. We have errands to run, and work to do. And I love it. After a very cool email exchange yesterday, both of us realize that we don't have that built in alone time when we are together. Because we are so focused on being together, that the alone time of errands, hanging out with our girl/guy friends, paying bills, straightening our places just doesn't happen. So this weekend we are going to try something new. Being together without laying on the couch or in bed all day. I mean, I love the laying in bed all day, talking, kissing, etc, but we are way more interesting than that. And we have things in our lives that we have to accomplish, fer Chrissakes.

So this weekend is not totally alone time, but time to be together but doing what we need to do. I am pretty dang excited by it-- I have to return two broken suitcases and get those fixed, and maybe head to target for some kitchen stuff. And for sure do bills. Between today and tomorrow at work there is a big project to complete, so there is that to take care of as well. And I need a dang haircut, so maybe on Friday I can take care of that!

This week I don't have a class on Friday, so I get to be a little more normal than usual. I get to have a whole weekend, and two nights with the man. We are learning to sleep sleep together nicely. He still says I take up to much room on the bed, but he is a cuddler and warm, like car heat. So without him, I had to pull out the down comforter last night. And it was glorious. He'll be a sweat bomb in it, so I'm sure we'll split the covers at some point.

For those of you that follow but don't blog every day, trust me when I say it brings you out of a funk. I am so pleased to be back and writing, even if it's just little things. And thank you for each and every that follow me and read. My journey is my own, but I am pleased to share it with others on their path.

A little shout out to the ladies headed to Philly! I'd love to be there but in fact have class that whole weekend. But my love and support will come from 2 hours up north!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look radiant in your new pics you posted. Good job.
julie

Danyele said...

Sorry I've been away for so long. It's wonderful to see your beautiful face again. Trying to get back to life. Hoping to get back in touch with you soon.

((hugs)) D