The Little Engine That Could

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's been a long, been a long, been a long day!

Last night, the man and I went to see the Dark Knight. I liked it, and fell asleep on his lap about 2/3 of the way through the movie. The action sequences were making me a little pukey, so I laid my head down and was out like a light. At the end, he said, wake up darling, the movie's over-- just like my dad would when I was a little girl.

How I long for drive in movies. Where I can properly fall asleep in the car.

Work is turning into a bit more of a challenge than I'd like. There are a lot of programs and really not enough time to make it all happen to the level I want it to happen at. I think I am done trying to kill myself over these things, over the tiniest of tiny details. No one cares anyways-- except me. I wish I could be one of those people that could say "it doesn't matter" , but it does. I take things personally, I have a soft soft skin, and I feel bad when I haven't performed to the best of my ability.

I promise I will blog more later this week. I have so much to say.

The man-- he's a good boy. He picked up his trash from the theater. And threw it in a garbage can. And only moderately fondled me when the lights went down, he pulled down my sweater when it rode up and separated from my jeans. He's a good man. Sweet and respectful.

4 comments:

AJ said...

It is good to hear that you have found someone that seems very nice and is good to you...we all deserve that. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to have stumbled upon your genius little blog here :) I can relate to everything you've posted. I'm three months out and am moving to London soon. With all the traveling you do, I wonder if I could e-mail you for some tips about traveling abroad after WLS. Don't know if I'm just dumb but I don't see a way to message you.

Tracy said...

Kim: I'm checking on you... it's been nearly a month.

Tracy said...

Kim where are you!!!!!