The Little Engine That Could

Friday, September 26, 2008

How to gain three pounds in one day

Breathe. Today you are a non-smoker.
Get out of bed.
Eat one half of a chicken breast with brown sauce.
Walk.
Eat a decent lunch of ham and cheese and mushroom crepes. Leave half behind.
Get a haircut.
Have one skim cappuccino.
Eat 2 bunches of grapes, 3 hunks of brie, 5 crackers, and a handful of Doritos. With dip.
Have one Vodka and Soda and lime. Want two more, but just have one.
Go home.
Watch Project Runway and The Challenge on DVR.
Eat some chicken soup, and the rest of the sleeve of tea biscuits and scour the cabinets for carbs and sugar. Eat two candy bars and some peanut butter.
Fall asleep on the couch in sugar coma. Wake up at dark o'clock and transfer to bedroom.
Get up.
Weigh self.
Gain three pounds.

Now, I know it's just the normal ups and downs of everyday weight. However, here is the pattern. The pattern of what has been happening and what is my foreseeable future. This is the reason I haven't lost anything in three months. I am too busy treating myself.

This weekend, the cabinets get cleared. Everything goes. Anything that looks like a sugar or carb (chips, candy, cookies, "snacks") goes. Vigilance. And then meals and portions get planned. A food scale will be purchased. Weighing and measuring will happen.

The treat to myself is a long term healthy lifestyle. A size 10 jean. A great body, the ability to run for 5 miles. A very long bike ride. New clothes for a new frame. A long life, smoke free and clear. Not the tea biscuits from Harrods.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we are pleased as punch to have you back and writing! We miss you when it is all quiet!

Tracy said...

Have a great weekend!!!!!

Danyele said...

These days happen - believe me.. I know. For the last 3 months, I've been traveling up and down the same 5 (ok, let's be honest, 10) pounds because I've been using food to soften my physical pain. My only saving grace was the fact that very strong opiod pain drugs make you severely nauseous. So I would eat, and then often heave it up. This is not bulimia.. no worries there. But you get the picture. When I got home from the hospital, my dear friend had these gorgeous Woodhouse chocolates overnighted to me - absolute heaven from the Napa Valley. I ate every single one while watching the "Sex and the City" movie on DVD and then promised myself that. was. IT. I have a lot to be healthy for now and so do you. If you need a "back on the wagon" partner, I'm here for you girlfriend.

Oh - one more thing that I have to lose for... (hehe) Chris admitted to me that he's been saving for a ring! And I don't get anymore details until Christmas... but I'm soooooo excited!