The Little Engine That Could

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I'm Back

Expect a long post somehow, later today. However..... big exciting news.....

I am 8.4 pounds away from being under 300 for the first time in my 20's/30's.

The day I walked into Jenny Craig, I was 17, and I weighed 309 pounds. That's what I weigh today. Holy crap. I lost about 40 pounds on the JC, and gained it all back the first week of college (hello, pint sized Ben and Jerry's is NOT a meal?). In my adult life, I have never been under 300, or at least I don't think so. I think there was a time in the 295's but come on.

I look good. Curvy. Still thick, and I am not ashamed of it. I walk great, run better, and have smaller clothes.

Interesting. It's working.

3 comments:

Danyele said...

I know this is a big milestone for you - you'll be seeing those lovely 2--s very soon. And before you know it - 1--s!! Can't wait to hear all about Mexico...

Tracy said...

LOVE THE DRESS! LOVE THE FIREWORKS!

GOTTA LUV the SCALE VICTORY you are about to ACHIEVE!

Anonymous said...

Kim, since the day I met you (and I was barely 13 years old) I have always thought that you looked great. Whatever you wore, you wore it well. You have this flair and style that I wish I had. If you lacked confidence, I sure as hell couldn't tell. Everyone always wanted to be around you and not just because of your backrubs. Your physical size never mattered to me, or anyone else who loved you. In my heart and my fond teen years memories, you'll always be larger than life to me. What you have my dear is class and style. There are millions of skinny bitches everywhere who lack them both. You are fierce now and I can not wait until you feel inside what I've always felt about you. I <3 you Kim!

Sabrina