The Little Engine That Could

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Back and Forth and Back and Forth



I have over the last week not exercised at all. And eaten chocolate. Last night I did something great (hmmph-snark)-- I made oatmeal cookies with chocolate chunks and raisins. And had one. And gave the rest out. And got that crap out of my house.

This week I have two of my dearest girlfriends staying with me. D-- all the way from Cali-town, is most likely in the air as I write this. There will be tons of photos and tourist things with her. And D2 is coming up from Virginny on Tuesday. She will also play the tourist, but with some idea of where she wants to go and what she wants to see-- and then all of us will head to mom and pop's for gobble gobble, but I think we are going to do the Turkey day parade before. I am so excited to have my girls here.

Both of them know me so well. D2 has been a friend since high school-- we lose touch ever couple years, and then jump right back into it. And she knows my folks well, and they are really excited to see her again. And D has never met the folks, but she will feel right at home. She asked "Is Thanksgiving formal in your house." and my response was, "As long as you wear a bra and pants, then you are dressed for dinner."

I include this picture from the Luchas Libres (Mexican wrestling) as it fits my mood right now. Hiding, defensive, and completely wacky.

My promise this week-- ONLY meals. NO Snacking. And Balanced meals-- with vegetables and plenty of protein. My hair looks like it is thinning up top, and I refuse to be that woman. I also refuse to be the woman who "tires to get away with it". From now on, it's make it happen time.

I will have the low fat pumpkin parfait mom has lovingly made. And have one piece, and no stuffing. Maybe some stuffing. Or only my favorite part, the sausages part.

No comments: