The Little Engine That Could

Monday, October 22, 2007

Update after Boston

Boston was interesting. I saw a bunch of people I hadn't seen in over a year. I sent an email to my old director saying, "No one really notices in NYC because they see me everyday. They ask if I got ned glasses or cut bangs, etc-- when you see me say something just as inappropriate like "Did you do something with your hair?"".

From across the room, wineglass in hand----OMIGOD YOUR HAIR LOOKS AMAZING!

After tearful hugs and I miss yous--she went on, quietly, "You were always beautiful, now you are beautiful and confident. You've got "it"." The answer to that is yes, yes I do. I am learning to take compliments well. Although I laughed it off "This is what happens when you get laid on a regular basis."

I went on a date. And another, and another. I like this guy. Not forever. But for now. He's a really nice caring, generous, smart, funny and witty man. And he says "You are so hot, and because you have no idea you are, it makes you even hotter." Ohhh, Daddy.

But the real reason for this post is clothes. I have been shut out of department store shopping for too long. Anything above a stretchy 24 has not been on my agenda. This week, I bought a suit at Filene's Basement in a 20 jacket, and a 22 pant.

I SAID A 22 PANT.

The last time I remember a 22 pant is college, and those were shorts in my freshman year. Holy crap, this thing is working.

Then, I dragged Christine to Macy's and I modeled some evening dresses for the wedding of the century in Mexico City this weekend. I bought a gorgeous red and black formal. I LOOK ABSOLUTELY STUNNING IN IT! And again----

A SIZE 22.

Holy crap. Hello-- is this thing on?

Then we went to the movies where I cross my legs and didn't obsess over the arms being stationary-- because I fit into the seat with room.

Victories. Victories all over the place, like little drops of rain.

5 comments:

Danyele said...

YES!!! If only you could see the big smile on my face as I read this post... so happy for you!

Debbie said...

Boston is awesome. Did you catch a Sox Game? Next time you're out this way, gimme a shout!

Anonymous said...

Yeah baby! Yeah!!!

Effin' rockstar!

Incredible Me said...

That is so wonderful!

I too just bought my first 22's in years and years and years, and it felt so damn good.

Congrats on fun dates, congrats on great clothes, congrats on your progress!

Tracy said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! pics in the formal please :)