The Little Engine That Could

Sunday, October 14, 2007

This Week in for Big Girl, Big City

Heading back to that Fall City on Tuesday for a conference.

The first conference since surgery. The one where people will either notice or not. Does my self esteem depend on it? You bet.

Well not really. Most of these folks I have met before and haven't seen in quite some time. So it will be good to see them. Of course I am still working on the details like dinner and room assignments, but I have all day today....

Wait. I have a date at 5pm. What? Yup, a date. I've already met him, and he's nice and a gentleman (or as much of a gentleman as I want), and we're going to see a concert and have dinner in a small live music venue which I love.

Online dating isn't totally terrible. I mean it can be, but I lucked out with this one. I told him upfront about surgery, and when we went to dinner, I said, order whatever, I'll take three bites. I did just that and it was awesome.

That being said, tomorrow will be hell day at work, and then off to Boston for the rest of the week.

Oh, I got a massage yesterday. I feel decadent. Truly decadent. Indulged. As a good girl should.

Not a lot of gym activity, however, lots of walking to do in Boston. I can't wait. I so need this.

Mama of the Melts-- I'm in your town and on an expense account. Come meet me for lunch Wedensday where we piss off the wait staff with our shared appetizer order.

3 comments:

Melting Mama said...

Squee! I would lurve to! Alas, I must make coffee for the good people. :( When will you be leaving Boston?

Danyele said...

Hey - I'm just reading about the date. Details! We need details!

Anonymous said...

Just how, exactly, would you know how a 'good girl' should feel...decadent I can understand...but a 'good girl'?

HA!

:p

Big love,
Billy!