The Little Engine That Could

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Yoga Morning

I went to yoga at 6:30am. This morning. I must be insane.

And I felt great-- didn't work up a sweat, but I am taking care of myself. At least that's what the lady in the front of the room said.

I watched the sun rise out of the window, reflected onto the mirrors of the studio. And I prayed.

I prayed for me.
To be stronger in the moments I need strength.
To be vulnerable and ask for help.
To be given just a bit more than I think I can handle.
To lessen my psychic load when it weighs me down.
To put my shoulders back in place.
To forgive my enemies and make them friends.
To forgive my friends and make them family.
To forgive my family and make them loved again.

I prayed for others.
To have their loads lessened.
To have clarity.
To be stronger in the world.
To notice what the important things are. And they they are not things.

I prayed for you.
To thank you for supporting me.
For loving me
just as I am, and as I am not.

And as I wrote this, forgiveness happened. And all became glorious and vulnerable again.

Today, I am loving life. I am a non-smoker (for 8 days) and someone who does what she says she is going to do. Now, to work.

Yahoo Group will be set up this evening. For those interested, email me your emails at possibility614@yahoo.com and I'll set up.

Mucho Gusto.

Kim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. Those prayers are something we all need to do daily.