The Little Engine That Could

Thursday, October 09, 2008

After Yoga Morning

After my Yoga morning, I had an evening workout. I can't stay at home and watch the Biggest Loser on my couch, I have to get up and do something while watching it. I walked/jogged for 33 minutes. And was sweaty and felt awesome.

I am still not losing weight. I am not going to be upset by it, instead, I am taking this time to put the things back into place that I have been missing. I feel like I am waking up again to possibilities for my life.

The things going back into place:

Cooking healthy: this means low fat and high flavor. Veggies and low fat protein, less cheese. Small portions.

30 minutes of movement every day: Tonight I walked 15 blocks and a couple avenues just to get some exercise in. I can't be a desk jockey.

Sleep: 8 hours a night. which means that the DVR will be my best friend, and I don't have to watch all the TV all at once.

Mail: I never go through my mail. And you know what, bills don't get paid when I do that. Every week I will set aside one hour to go through mail, file and shred. I will set aside another hour to pay bills every two weeks.

Laundry: Hang it up. Put clothes away. Soon there will be a boy living with you and you will need to keep it tidy and nice. And he will need space to put his things as well.

Clutter: Toss it. There is nothing to keep if you don't know where it should go. If you need to create a space for it, then fine, but beyond that, toss. Don't save a pile for later. Get it taken care of today.

I think that's it for now. I'm going to bed. And will work out in the afternoon tomorrow before I make the most amazing homemade sauce for my James and we watch Survivor, cuddled on the couch.

No comments: