The Little Engine That Could

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Little Bit of Love

The Road Trip went great. I spent time with family, although never enough. Both James and I think that my brother doesn't like us-- he always seems distracted and angry, but I think that's just his way. James is such a grounding force, I got choked up when my niece wanted to go shopping, but I didn't have the money to go, and I went outside for some air. He came out and just hugged me-- we'll get through this. I love this man so much.

The trip back was full of rain-- the whole way. It sucked. Rain rain rain. We stayed overnight in Fredrickburg and had a lovely room, some TV watching and snuggle time. We are great road partners-- I am an awesome co-pilot. The one time I was driving, he upgraded me to the better cup holder-- it was delightful! That is love.

During my time away, I received some packages of vitamins and Avon. the vitamins are the ones that everyone is raving about, chewable calcium. I have to say, I'm not raving. I will mostly like fall in love with them soon enough, but for now, I am getting over the grit. It's better than the lozenges, and I will most likely use them as candies throughout the day, but come on-- it's not candy. It's vitamins. So of course, they are going to be slightly gritty and odd. However, a marked improvement over previous supplements.

I tried Click. I am buzzing. One shake and I have to run around my house cleaning and have so much get up and go. I love it. As a reminder to myself, Click is for the morning only-- because otherwise it would be too much.

Getting back into the swing of things. I have less than a month on my NYSC membership, and am going to work out every day until it's over. Then switch to Planet Fitness (for $50 less per month) . I am down a couple pounds over the last month, and am feeling stronger. Nothing like seeing arm flab in the rearview mirror to have me step away from the chips.

We made sandwiches and realtively healthy things for the ride down and back. In all, we did pretty good-- lots of cheese and crackers in the car for me, but I didn't eat too much during family gatherings. I had half of a cupcake at the Communion, and then wanted to crash out. Reminder that sugar is not my friend.

This morning, I tossed the rest of the road food away. Ecept for a lovely almost sugar free strawberry pie my aunt sent back with us. I had two slices last night, and am saving one for today and then I am tossing it. I just can't have that kind of sabotague in my fridge.

Job search: i am getting concerned. For me, for friends. I had a moment last night where I got really creative and thought of all the things I could do until the economy turns around again-- like working in retail, grocery stores, etc-- so I will keep my eyes open while I am searching for something spectacular. I feel like I should secure something in the next few weeks, but then that feeling goes away (doubt creeps in). I have to remember I am worth every penny that was paid to me by my former company. I did an excellent job, sacrificed a lot of time, and now am seeking balance.

Best quote of the trip: Sitting on the couch last night, I said to James:
"I Love you very much. You are my world. I opened the door to the outside for you, and you opened the door to the inside. Thank you. I will love you forever."

His response: (tears in his eyes) "Me too. You always say what I am thinking. Thank you for being my first love."

Awww.

6 comments:

Melting Mama said...

SWOON. :*)

_

The chews - not candy, but better than alternatives, by a mile for me, but I am an odd duck.

YOU CLICKED! LMAO. Enjoy the buzz, are you normally caffeinated?

Kim said...

I am normally caffeinated. As a parting gift, my AMEX points paid for a Krups coffee/ espresso maker, I have a Senseo, a french press, etc. I love coffee.

But Click-- holy crap! It's good (mine was a bit lumpy, so I'll do it in the magic bullet with ice next time) and 2 scoops might be too much for me-- I am still feeling the buzz.

I am going to blame you and eggface entirely.

:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, what's this miraculous Click you speak of?

Laurie (TheSafestScents.com) said...

yep, I love the click.. but definitely a morning buzz kind of thing! :)

you and James are so cute.. i love reading about you two! :) I'm so glad that you are so much in love!

Fooseberry said...

I am a Click Addict myself because of MM and Eggie. ENJOY!
I love this sweet story.
I think I would die if my DH said something like that to me.

Jess said...

Fredericksburg! Fredericksburg, VA? Hope you enjoyed your stay in our lovely little town.