The Little Engine That Could

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Blue

I'm blue today. On the verge of tears. Nothing seems to be helping.

Maybe it's the dentist appointment that I have in an hour. That's probably it.

More later-- Just blue. I'm allowed, right? I don't have to always smile, right? I don't have to always look on the bright side, I mean, people do have shitty days, and maybe today is one of them.

Oh, and I quit smoking yesterday. So blue and angry and de-carbing. By the end of the week I'll have a whole new perspective, possibly even a sunny disposition, but for now, blue. And angry.

And bored. And confused, and upset and concerned and overwhelmed and underwhelmed and sad and tired and and and.....

but mostly blue.

3 comments:

Dagny said...

Yeah but you have a really awesome man in your life and some of us are lonely every day!

Kim said...

Yup, we all have them. I've been trying to quit the smoking too and am down to about two cigs a week. My hubby would kill me if he knew I had that many!
I hope today, so far, has been better!

Liza said...

Give yourself a break, quitting smoking is HARD and brings up a whole bunch of emotions usually. I did it in January and I still get pissed when I want one :)