The Little Engine That Could

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Perfect Day

Gorgeous weather.
New hair.
Flip flops in season.
Favorite ice cream.
Mani-Pedi.

Played hooky from work.
Thought about cute boys.
Wrote poetry in an outdoor cafe.
(still wished I smoked)
Happy I don't smoke.

My sunglasses are beautiful.
I want to explore.
I want to know what they know.
I want to lie on the grass wrapped in his arms.
Who he is, I don't know.
Well I might, but not telling right now.

Music
My soul serenade
I danced on the street
I flirted with the waiter
I got my nails done the color I love.
with little thought of what I should get
but what I love.

Mama sounds angry
all that stuff coming up, and nowhere to hide it.
Just be and love her regardless
cry with her when you need to
love her regardless.

I need to kiss more men
Chased out of a shop for talking.
No really, for talking.
I need to kiss more men.
Maybe not more men, but kiss more.

Yes definitely kiss more.

My French boyfriend is gay
like my latin and theater and work and gym and london boyfriends.
Someday, someday soon, they will hand me over to my beautiful
partner
my man among men
like ladies in waiting.
(those bitches).

My soul serenade.

My perfect day.
(and it didn't include a nap)

Tie my hair up
off to bed
not sleepy but TK says it will pass.
I believe TK, he's smart.
He knows the bits that I don't want anyone to know.
I think I am scary-- a mountain of information and emotion and energy.
He can handle it. For now. When he can't he'll let me know.

(waa waa waa)
My soul serenade.

No comments: